INTERTANKO Safety and Technical Committee (ISTEC)
• Promote safety at sea and the protection of the environment through communication and sharing experience.
• Foster co-operation with the IMO, IACS, OCIMF, ICS and other recognised bodies involved with tanker safety and the protection of the environment.
• Represent INTERTANKO Members at IMO and other industry fora so as to ensure proper representation on appropriate committees and working groups developing safety and environmental legislation and regulation.
• Advise on aspects of safety, environmental protection, operation of tankers and training in order to promote efficient and professional ship operation.
• Assist Council and Executive Committee with developing technical standpoints and policies for INTERTANKO.
Statutory & Class
• Testing of Watertight Compartments.
• Terminal Flush Water.
• Measurement, Reporting and Verifications (MRV) — EU & IMO rule development.*
• Ballast Water Management Systems.*
• IACS Unified Interpretations and Unified Requirements.
• ECDIS IMO United Interpretation.
• IMO guidelines for the design, fabrication and construction for new installations; onboard procedures for routine inspection, maintenance and operation of lifting appliances and winches; and familiarisation of ship’s crew and shore-based personnel.
• NOx Tier III.
• Ship Construction File.
• IGF Code & Working Group on Alternative Fuels.
• Measurements of changes in hull and propeller performance — new ISO standard.
• Eco-ships – Members’ experience with performance of new buildings, including the installed power.*
• Waste Management – Boiler wash down water and MARPOL Annex V.*
• Working Group on Integrated Bilge Tank Systems (IBTS).
• Technical and operational challenges to switch to MGO (e.g. LOP incidents).
• Standard for on-board / engine room sampling.
• Post Dry-docking Checklist (or drydocking completion list).
• Inspection of COT – VIQ.
• INTERTANKO Oil Record Book.
• OCIMF VOC White Paper.
• OCIMF MTSC on critical spares.
* Items jointly addressed with the Environmental Committee
Takis Koutris (Chairman) – Roxana Shipping SA
Bertil Andersson (Vice Chairman) – Laurin Maritime AB
Sokratis Dimakopoulos (Vice Chairman) – Tsakos Columbia Ship Management
Douglas Lang (Vice Chairman) – Anglo-Eastern Shipmanagement
Majid Al Suwaidi – Abu Dhabi National Tanker Company (ADNATCO
Francesco Bellusci – Scorpio Ship Management
Stamatis Bourboulis – Euronav Ship Management
Andrew Brown – Interorient Marine Services
Gerrit Bunt – Exmar Shipmanagement
Jens Christensen – D/S Norden
Stavros Daniolos – Minerva Marine
Matteo Di Maio – V Ships
Paolo Enoizi – Stolt Tankers
Munawar Fakhri – MOL Tankship Management (Eur)
Dimitrios A Heliotis – Target Marine
Oleg Kalinin – Unicom Management Services
Tamio Kawashima – Japanese Shipowners’ Association
Panos Kourkountis – Andriaki Shipping
Luc Larbalestrier – Euronav NV
Dimitris Makris – Springfield Shipping Co Panama
Akash Mittra – Teekay Tankers
Lars Pennman – Concordia Maritime
Apostolos Poulovassilis – Eletson Corporation
Pradeep Ranjan – Univan Ship Management
George Raptakis – GasLog Ltd
Fabio Tagliavia – d’Amico Societá di Navigazione
Konstantinos Vlachos – Consolidated Marine Management
Nikolay N Zinenko – Novorossiysk Shipping (Novoship)
Secretary: Dragos Rauta