Latin American Panel
INTERTANKO’s Latin American Panel (LAP) was established in March 2002 to promote interaction between the Association and the tanker industry in the region.
- Ratification of IMO conventions in the region
- Interface between local authorities, charterers and tanker operators
- Oil spill response
- Dialogue with Viña del Mar – the Latin American Agreement on Port State Control
- Promote safety and environmental awareness in the region
- Act as resource group for the INTERTANKO bodies, establishing priorities and raising matters of concern to the Latin American tanker community.
- Act as a catalyst for boosting the participation and involvement of Members based in Latin America in the activities of the Association.
- Co-operate with other industry bodies in the region to achieve harmonisation of best trading conditions for the tanker owners and promote safety at sea and the protection of the environment.
Mr Carlos Juan Madinabeitia (Chairman), Tradwind Tankers CA
Mr Jose Peraza, Heidmar
Mr Gustavo Pereyra, Antares Naviera, SA
Mr Michael Schroder, Sociedad Naviera Ultragas
Mr Eric Serratos, Grupo TMM, Mexico
Capt Jose Luis Hernandez, PMI Comercio Internacional SA de CV
Mr Elizio Araujo Neto, Petrobras Transporte SA – Transpetro
Secretary: Joe Angelo