INTERTANKO's Nautical Sub-Committee (NSC) is a Committee within the INTERTANKO Safety and Technical Committee (ISTEC). To review the working group terms of reference click here.
INTERTANKO Members are encouraged to submit any nautical issues to the Nautical Sub-Committee for further discussion and action, as they consider appropriate. Information that is of interest to the tanker industry as a whole will be published with the permission of the provider. INTERTANKO will remove any references to the company name and/or other type of identification, unless otherwise instructed.
Below is an overview of the Terms of Reference for the NSC for navigation.
The major areas in navigation for the NSC are:
- The use, performance and reliability of Bridge equipment such as Radars, Communication, Electronic Chart and Display Information Systems (ECDIS) etc.
- The work on the Bridge. Such as team work, passage planning, communications etc.
- Under Keel Clearance
- Weather Routing
- Navigational competence of Bridge Officers
Aims of the Nautical Sub-Committee:
- Promote safe navigation and enhance navigational standard, safe loading/discharging operation and INTERTANKO’s viewpoint on ports and terminals through communication and experience sharing.
- Support the INTERTANKO representation in IMO and other industry forums so as to ensure proper representation.
- Advise and develop industry best practice in the areas for the Sub-Committee in order to promote efficient and professional operation in these areas and to keep INTERTANKO as a leader in the industry.
- Take active part in developing resource materials, BMP, Guides etc. for the wider membership.
- Foster co-operation with bodies such as OCIMF, Nautical Institute, IHO, IAPH, ESPO, IHMA, IMPA, FETSA and other recognised bodies involved with tanker navigation, loading/discharging and ports & terminals.
- Support and exchange knowledge with academy and research activities in the areas concerned for the Sub-Committee. Enabling INTERTANKO to take a lead in developing best practices.
28.09.2012 - 11:36 GMT
Australian Maritime Safety Authority to host e-navigation usability workshop
To assist in the development of IMO’s e-navigation strategy implementation plan, the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) is hosting an e-navigation usability workshop on 5 and 6 March 2013 ...... More
14.09.2012 - 09:45 GMT
Industry recognises revised IMO Model Course for ECDIS
The IMO’s Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS) Model Course (1.27) has been revised to ensure that navigators understand ECDIS in the context of navigation and can demonstrate al...... More
14.09.2012 - 09:40 GMT
First-class ECDIS workshop attracts full house to INTERTANKO office
An Admiralty workshop entitled 'Are you ready for the new ECDIS (Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems) regulations? Your nine stage guide to meeting the revised SOLAS requirements' was...... More
31.08.2012 - 09:52 GMT
ECDIS workshop in London for INTERTANKO Members, 12 September 2012 – register now!
We are pleased to announce that Admiralty, the UK Hydrographic Office’s commercial arm and public-facing brand, will be holding a workshop for INTERTANKO Members on Electronic Chart Display and...... More
Find a specific Issue
Use the drop-down menus below to cycle through the topic/issue areas.... More