INTERTANKO’s five Regional Panels aim to promote the objectives and policies of the Association in each region, providing a forum for regional Members to discuss key tanker shipping issues and shape the work of the Association and its Committees from a regional perspective. Please click on a Panel icon below to find details about the relevant Panel.
Main aims of the Regional Panels
INTERTANKO’s regional meetings are not policy making bodies but exist to promote the objectives and policies of the Association in each region, providing a forum for Members to discuss key tanker shipping issues and shape the work of the Association through its strategic workplan.
The regional meetings allow Members to engage on the strategic workplan as viewed from a regional perspective, with five main objectives for the meetings:
- To provide a forum for Members regionally, to facilitate better communication between themselves and the Association
- To promote the sharing of experiences, to enhance Members’ understanding of, and involvement in the Association’s activities
- To promote the objectives, policies and strategies of the Association in the region, with respect to free competition, safety at sea and the protection of the environment
- To promote interaction between industry, governmental and environmental bodies in the region
- To examine and review regional legislative proposals and activities affecting the whole Membership